1.23.2008

Sniffles

Ahhh...my favorite mid-winter friend has returned yet again. In the past we have grown close, cuddling next to each other when the wind blows to coldly. We have found solace in the fact that, no matter what the snow tried to cover, it cannot hide our bond.

I have a sinus infection.

There are countless reasons why I get sick every year. They are the exact same things that doctors warn you about. I don't get nearly enough sleep on a nightly basis, I have a terrible diet, I am (at least this semester) far too stressed for my own good, I have no free time to make relaxing good use of, and I rarely exercise.

On the whole, this doesn't bother me.

I have grown accustomed to my yearly reunion with this little fellow. We take naps together, sip tea and orange juice while wrapped in fleece blankets, and collectively moan every time a breeze tries to push us apart.

This, however, does not excuse Mr. Infection's rude behavior. I don't enjoy having to skip class because my head is too heavy to lug around. My nose has become sore and blushed from the countless amount of nasal tissue (or toilet paper for the collegiately challenged) that has scraped
against its soft exterior. More than anything, I despise it keeping me awake at night. The last few nights have been accompanied by constant stirring, waking up at almost hourly intervals, and, my assumption would be, a less than ecstatic roommate.

So this is my plea. As close as we have grown, I am now asking you, Mr. Sinus Infection, to vacate my body. Pack up, eviction notice has been posted.

Now...where's my Sudafed?

1 comment:

Leta said...

http://www.learningtoloveyoumore.com/

I feel like this is something you'd find inspiring.