5.12.2008

Oh To Be A Kid Again

This past weekend has totally reinvigorated me. My visit to Grinaldo's college gave me that little jolt I've needed since I moved back home. Something about being around people my age as opposed to the silence and solitude that is my house right now just serves to, I don't know, wake me up again.

My house is quiet now because my mother is vacationing in South Korea. What a twerp. But back to my life...

Not even kidding, we watched Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. I forgot how much I love entertaining action movies. Sometimes I get so caught up in over thinking life and art that I forget how to be entertained. Sitting on a carpet and letting Harrison Ford thrill me, it was great. I watched Raiders of the Lost Arc before I went to bed last night. I am so excited for the new one.

There was a giant Capture the Flag Nerf Gun Style game at Grinaldo's college this weekend. We took over their Student Center and ran around for three hours post-midnight, sleuthing around, sniping unsuspecting enemies, and sprinting to avoid the shots of those hellbent on preventing our victory. It was, to revert to a term from my youth, bomb.

A certain female took it as her responsibility to reintroduce that word into my vocabulary. For those curious, this is the same girl I spoke of last time. I took the advice of M.W. on my last post and went for it. It's gone surprising well so far, keep your fingers crossed for me. Please.

The job search is coming along. I got past the first step in becoming an employee of the new Nickelodeon Universe theme park in the Mall of America. That's right, I may soon be a scruffy carny (as KTB referred to me today). Look out mallrats.

I think I may go watch Jurassic Park.

5 comments:

Timmy Troubadour said...

life is so exciting!

i'm glad to hear about the lady. i've got a story or two of my own to fill you in on. you met her in passing. i owe her a beer.

i would make fun of you a lot if you got a job at the nickelodeon universe, but i think it would also be kind of sweet. best of luck, buddy.

i have a mohawk again. tomorrow it will be orange (i hope). i have hydrogen peroxide. this may or may not be a good idea. probably the latter, but i'm a crazy college student so i have a right to fuck up my body, right?

so do you. have yourself a glass of spider cider and write me a poem.
love you brother.

Tim said...

I love being able to still know what's going on in your life through the power that is blogging. Good luck with your lady friend!

Leta said...

Way to go - capture the flag, Indiana Jones, nerf, jobs, and ladies. Well done, sir. All these things are good.

Miss you around here. Come visit sometime.

Kyle said...

I'm listening to Antje Duvekot's "Boys, Flowers, Miles" and I keep replaying Judas for no particular reason other than I think it's really good.

Nice call on this one.

yours truly said...

*fingers crossed*