8.06.2008

outside there's a boxcar waiting for us

I made a new stencil today. It's of an old school 35mm camera. I was researching tips for door decs (since my College Adjustment Peer job requires me to produce these goods for all my freshman) using a site my good friend Grinaldo/Tommy Artusi (hence forth referred to as Grinaldo Artusi for time saving reasons. Also, it sounds badass) suggested, when I remebered the suggestion of my good friend and fellow stenciler Dos Equis. Being as the class that binds these freshman together is photography theme, I decided to do a camera stencil (Camera Stencil is apparently the name of a font, making it incredibly difficult to google).

I found this picture and decided to recreate the stencil in it, as it seemed both fitting and vintagely badass.

It turned out about as well as I would have hoped.

My return to school vastly approaches, though it seemingly cannot come fast enough. I miss the hustle and bustle of that life, the productivity that comes with it. I'm excited to meet new people and see my friends again. I guess what I'm saying is that I'm ready to go home.

Also, I'm thinking of starting another blog. I love this one, and worry not loyal readers, I would continue this one just as it is now (or however I want damnit). But when I started this blog I talked a lot about music and movies and other art/media forms and to an extent, I miss doing that. I like sharing new bands or images with people. Thoughts?

2 comments:

Timmy Troubadour said...

thought:

lets start a music blog. we'll talk more later. but it's settled. dig?

Leta said...

I'm all for lots of blogs, but then I have no life. But this music blog sounds like a good idea.

Additionally, do you want to collaborate with me in making tote bags? We can sell them at Brewed and name our own prices. I'll sew them, you spray paint them?