8.29.2008

you've got a body like an hour glass, it's ticking like a clock

It's been awhile. Apologies.

I'm back at school, getting back into the swing of things in terms of homework/commitments/responsibility/etc. Don't get me wrong, I love summer and being with my friends from home, but this was a long one. Every summer before this one my job was manual labor. I would do floor work, painting, yard work, basic cleaning. It was a convenient, well paying job that fell into my lap seven years ago (just saying that makes me feel old).

As I talked about a few times here, I did enjoy the ride operator job I had this summer, but it lacked the productivity of manual labor. There were projects to finish, completed products to take joy in. As such, this summer felt lackadaisical. I felt lazy and bored most of the time.

That being said, I haven't had much in terms of free time since I've been back. My responsibilities as a College Adjustment Peer took up all of my time the first week, and classes are already in full swing to keep me occupied now.

It's going to be a rough semester, but I'm actually looking forward to it. My classes are dauntingly difficult, two of them in particular (one of which is essentially the only class that teaches me how to be an English teacher, pressure, I know), but I'm looking forward to actually being challenged again. I'm trying to become more active in my education, doing things like reading the assignments and developing more insights. You know, be a college student.

Have you ever found yourself intrigued by someone you know nothing about, for reasons you can't comprehend? I've found someone interesting.

3 comments:

Timmy Troubadour said...

In response to your last comment: I've spent all summer immensely curious about one person in particular & I know nothing about her. I feel silly talking about her because I know so little about her & have so few opportunities to get to know her. She's turning 23 on Sunday. She's throwing a house warming party next weekend. This is probably one of those few opportunities.

You & I need to have a phone conversation about this.

Timmy Troubadour said...

p.s.
nice blog title. it's a lyric in a paramore song. i'd be willing to bet that you got it from elsewhere.

Leta said...

That is the nature of attraction, my friend. Mystery is it.

And good luck being a good college student. I haven't managed it, yet.