12.17.2007

Breakfast of Champions

There is a major problem with used book stores. This problem is that, though there are billions of books in the world, most of them suck. Unfortunately, many people are suckered into purchasing these lousy volumes for whatever reason, and then, in their never-ending search for redemption, they sell it to a used book store. Then, when someone such as myself needs to buy something like seventeen Kurt Vonnegut books for his contemporary literature study on Mr. Vonnegut next semester, and this particular someone chooses to tour the local used book stores in order to save himself some dough, he runs into like thirty-five (roughly) copies of the same, apparently crappy, book. This will then frustrate said someone, especially since books by Mr. Vonnegut are, again apparently, impossible to find used since, apparently, nobody wants to sell them. I found three, bringing my total up to seven, and leaving me with ten to go.

Doomtree Blowout III was, as I had hoped, amazing. Those folk know what they're doing, and they tore First Avenue down Friday night. Hopefully the Doomtree collective album will drop soon, as the False Hopes they released at the Blowout was essentially just a b-sides collection from the album. I want more.

I need to hit up the movies. I'm thinking of taking a full day sometime during this break, head to the theater, and just watch movie after movie. No Country for Old Men is probably at the top of my list, but American Gangster's up there too. Plus, National Treasure II and Sweeney Todd come out next week. Tasty.

I have a dentist appointment tomorrow. That is bad news, since I'm awful at taking care of my teeth. On top of everything, it's at 7:30 in the morning, a solid eight hours from right now. I should go brush my teeth.

1 comment:

Leta said...

Jenna's blog:
http://spirographs.blogspot.com

Enjoy.