10.06.2007

Sleepy

I'm in one of those times where I have plenty of things that need to get done, but nothing I want to do. One of my classes is taking up so much of my time that I'm beginning to fall behind in all of my others. It's frustrating, especially since I really don't even "need" this class. I'm seriously considering dropping it, but I think I would feel bad only taking 3.5 credits this semester. It's nothing to be ashamed of, I know, it's just how my mind works.

I drove up to Northfield, MN on Thursday to see my buddy, Tim's, show. He designed the lights for there production of Twelfth Night. It was great stuff, comical without being overly slapstick. I drove back here yesterday, then had to emcee our variety show, then went to Perkins. By the time 2 am rolled around, I was done.

I'm still kind of in that mood. I know that I'm not getting as much sleep as I should, I am in college, but I feel like I can't catch up to myself. Everytime I close my eyes it's harder to open them up again.

It's been way too long since I've been to a good club show. I saw Andrew Bird a couple weeks back, but that was in a theater. Don't get me wrong, he was absolutely incredible, it's just not the same vibe. I have tickets to go see Atmosphere at a small little club in Iowa City at the beginning of November, but it's still early October. I think this is my version of homesickness. I miss the smelly, overpacked venues with people crammed into eachother, everyone rocking there heads to the same beat. That gross feeling afterwards, when you walk out with everyone else's sweat coating your arms. I love that. It's communal for me.
The dating scene on a college campus is rediculous, especially for a school as small as this one. Granted, it's been a long time since I've been on the look out for someone to spend time with, but this seems strange. I've asked a couple girls out, both of which I think assumed that me asking them out was my way of saying that I had some sort of deep feelings for them. I guess that's how some people date, but not me. I just want to go out and spend time around some people that I find interesting. Then they "let me down easily." This part almost makes me laugh. I've known you for a few weeks, it's not like I have a lot at stake emotionally if you say yes or no (or if you say yes, then just stop talking to me).

As funny as it seems sometimes, I'm beginning to feel undateable. Not in a "Woe is me" kind of way, more in a "People don't know the whole me" sort of way. I have a big, slightly obnoxious pressence, I'm aware of this, but I do turn it down when it needs to be. But steering away from this topic...


I just watched a trailer for the new Sweeney Todd movie directed by Tim Burton and starring Johnny Depp, Helena Bonham Carter, Sasha Baron Cohen, and Alan Rickman. I'm really excited for this one, we haven't had a good movie/musical since Chicago came out years back now. Click here to see the trailer: http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/trailers/sweeney-todd-the-demon-barber-of-fleet-street-trailer.php

The Kingdom, the new Jamie Foxx/Jennifer Garner flick, is absolutely phenomonal. Honestly, one of the best films I've seen in years, although horribly violent. I loved it, but I don't know if I'll be able to see it again for awhile. It's one of those types.

No comments: