11.19.2007

When They Kiss They Spit White Noise

I get to go home tomorrow, which will be glorious since I've been home for a grand total of about three hours since I left in August. I miss my Twin Cities people and the hum of the cities.

Things haven't gone as well as I would have hoped concerning the optimistic "opportunity" I wrote about last time. Things aren't bad, I just got hit with a pretty hard left that I didn't really see coming. That makes it sound like something really bad happened, which isn't true. Basically, we just had different ideas of what our relationship was. No towel was thrown in or anything, it just, well it sucked.

There was a bit of an altercation between myself and a friend of mine over another friend of ours. I was guilted into feeling bad about the person that I am, which I hate feeling. I know that I'm not perfect and that my personality is a little difficult to understand, but I don't dislike who I am and I don't like being made to feel like I'm a bad person. Last night, words alone never could save us.

That's from a Hold Steady track, entitled "First Night." I've been listening to a lot of them lately, I think because of the poetic nature of his singing style. It's almost spoken word, which intrigues me. That, and Craig Finn, the vocalist, is a Twin Cities native, being the ex-frontman of the defunct Lifter Puller. He does some great stuff with his music.

I guess I just want to feel like there is such thing as "home" again. Maybe I'm just running away from the things aren't going well here, but at this point, I'm okay with running. So, bring on tomorrow.

No comments: