11.02.2007

It Comes Down to This

I went and saw The Darjeeling Limited with some friends last night. Phenomenal. Really, just beautiful work. Wes Anderson's abilities astound me.

I feel myself growing testy, easier set off by things around me. I'm not sure how I feel about that.
The ability to create is the meaning of life. I have accepted this, for now, as truth. A friend of mine gave me a print of Marilyn Monroe's head that they weren't going to use. I went out a couple days ago and bought a cork board and some spray paint. Then, I printed off 27 speech bubbles that I had been working on instead of doing a take home test. The end result is an interchangeable "Marilyn Monroe Statement of the Day" board in my room. Yesterday, she said, "This is Me." Today, she's saying, "Uh, Zoom Zip."

During the same venture that got me said cork board, I also found some string lights for an extremely cheap price. I strung one set around my desk area, and the other underneath my roommate's bed so it lights mine. A great investment if you ask me.

They're offering a Vonnegut course here next semester. I'm excited.

No comments: